Soal Penilaian Tengah Semester (Mid Semester) 1 Bahasa inggris kelas 8 kurikulum 2013 edisi 2





A.      MULTIPLE CHOICES
Choose the best option to answer the questions!

  1. Dana   : What do you think about our new house?
Danu   : .... We need to clean it.
A.  I think it’s too cozy                         C. I think  it’s very dirty
B.   I think  it’s great                  D. I think  it’s very neat
  1. Jane    : Alma, are you listening to me?
Alma    : Yes.
Jane    : __________________
Alma    : No. I don’t. I am sorry.
The correct sentence to fill the blank in the dialogue above is . . .
A.  Are you following me?
B.   Have you got it?
C.   Do you understand what I mean?
D.  Is it clear?
  1. Dana   : There is Taylor Swift concert next months. ..... to see it Mom?
Mom    : I’m afraid you can’t. It is dangerous for you because it will be very crowded.
A.  Do I go        B. Do you go               C. Can I go                  D. Can you go
  1. Jane    : Dana, you know what? My little brother won a singing competition for kids.
Dana   : Really? That is amazing! Your brother must be very talented.
What are they talking about?
A.  Jane’s brother                                  C. Dana’s brother
B.   Dana’s winning                               D. Jane’s winning
  1. Jane    : Dana, you know what? My little brother won a singing competition for kids.
Dana   : Really? That is amazing! Your brother must be very talented.
Dana said “Your brother must be very talented!”. 
What does it mean?
A.  He is telling Jane information                      C. He is complimenting Jane’s brother
B.   He is congratulating Jane.                            D. He is asking for Jane’s attention.
  1. Andre       : I saw a thief last night. He was caught by my neighbors and they hit him.
Aldi           : That is horrible.
Andre       : Luckily the police came in time.
Aldi           : What do you think if the police didn’t come?
Andre       : I don’t know.
What happened last night?
A.  The thief ran away.                                                 C. Andre was sleeping tightly.
B.   Aldi asked Andre.                                       D. A thief got caught.
  1. Why did Aldi say “What do you think if the police didn’t come?”?
A.  Because Aldi knew everything.
B.   Because Andre did not know anything.
C.   Because Andre gave his opinion.
D.   Because Aldi wanted to know Andre’s opinion.



Complete this conversation by choosing the best option.
Alma    : Where will you go next weekend?
Mary    : I don’t have a plan yet. (8) ... Parangtritis beach is good?
Alma    : (9) .... I have never been there.
Mary    : What about Poh Tunggal Beach?
Alma    : Oh it is so hot there.
Mary    : Where do I have to go?
Alma    : (10).... about staying at home and sleep?
Mary    : Alma, I don’t think it is a good idea.
8.      A. Will you think         B.  Can you think        C.  May you think        D. Do you think
9.      A. I know                     B. I don’t know           C. What do you know  D. don’t you know
10.  A. Do you think                       B. What do you think  C. Can you think         D. what if 
  1. Reid       : Look what I’ve got here!
Clara      : Whose cat is it? It’s so cute.
From the dialogue above, Reid shows an expression of…
A.  Checking for understanding                                    B. Asking for attention
B.   Complimenting                                            C. Giving an opinion

The following dialogue is for question 12 and 13.
Rob        : I lost my English notebook. I have no idea the last time where I put it.
Emma    : Do you remember if you lent it to someone? Perhaps, one of your classmates?  (12). . . . .
Rob        : Yes, it does. I think I will ask some classmates of mine later.
12.                        A. Does one of your classmates know where your notebook is?
B. Does that make any sense?
C. Why do you call your classmate?
D. Is your notebook in your classmate’s hand?
13.                        From the dialog above,  we know that . . .
A. Rob and Emma know that the book was lent by one of the classmates.
B. Rob checks Emma’s understanding of what he said.
C. Rob understands what Emma’s is talking about.
D. Emma doesn’t get what Rob’s said.
14.                        Eugenie           : Did you enjoy having dinner with my family last night?
Nath                : . . .
Eugenie           : Glad you loved it.
What is the most suitable statement to complete the dialogue above?
A.  Thank you for inviting me.
B.   I may enjoy it later.
C.   That was a nice dinner.
D.  I may have dinner with your family later.
15.                        Tory     : . . .
Giselle : In my opinion, this sweater looks warmer than that one.
A.       What is your opinion about the sweaters here?
B.        Is this sweater more expensive than that one?
C.        What do you think of this sweater?
D.       Do you like this warmer sweater?

16.  Mr. Iwan  :  To send an email, you just have to click on this button, type in the email address, or you can select an address from the address book. Do you follow me?
Mira         :  I don’t get it. Where is the address book?
The underlined statement is showing an expression of...
A.       Checking for understanding
B.        Asking for attention
C.        Asking for direction
D.        Asking for help




17.  Marissa  :  What is your opinion on K-Pop? I mean, do you like it?
Reza         :  Personally, I do enjoy it. I love it very much! They represent a whole new kind of music style. And you'll never get tired watching those music videos and listening to their music.
From the dialogue above, we know that...
A.  Reza really like and enjoy K-Pop
B.   Reza is asking Marissa's opinion about K-Pop
C.   Reza is tired of watching K-Pop music videos
D.  Marissa is giving her opinion about K-Pop
  1. Doni   : How do you feel about the stray dogs on the street?
Gema : . . . . .
Doni   : I agree. And what do you suggest we should do?
A.  If I had my view, I would fix the street.
B.   In my opinion, the stray dogs are big problem, we have to do something about it.
C.   I’m not sure if you agree, but being a dog  lover is challenging.
D.  I think that the government should make the street bigger.
  1. They _________ visit Thailand next month.
The correct phrase to complete the sentence above is…
A.     Going to
B.     Shall be
C.     Will to
D.     Are going to
20.  Rere   : I failed the singing audition, yesterday. I’m so disappointed of myself.
Giska  : You shouldn’t be. Chin up, okay? Never give up!
From the dialogue, we know that Giska is using an expression of...
A.  Agreement            B. Disagreement                         C. Complimenting        D.  Appreciating
  1. Keenan          : Have you opened the present?
Sonia             : . . . . .
Keenan          : I’m so happy to hear that.
What is the most suitable statement to complete the dialogue above?
A.  Yes I have. That's a lovely present. Thank you.
B.   Thank you for the present
C.   No, I haven't. I may give you a present next time.
D.  Not yet. I'm going to open it this evening.

Read the dialog carefully then answer questions 22 and 23.
Evan    : Wayn, Are you joining us for the basketball practice later?
Wayn    : I’m sorry I can’t. (22)…
Evan    : What’s wrong with your teeth?
Wayn    : I’ve got terrible toothache. I can’t stand it anymore. Will the coach allow me to miss today’s practice?
Evan    : (23). . . .
  1. A.  Can I see your teeth.
B.   I will accompany my mom to see a dentist this afternoon.
C.   I’m going to see a dentist this afternoon.
D.  I see a doctor for regular.
  1. A.   We shall attend today’s practice anyway.
B.   I think he will understand your condition.
C.   The couch is going to reschedule our basketball practice next week.
D.  He is going to get busy for today’s practice.
  1. Kevin   : Apart from English and Bahasa Indonesia, what language can you speak?
Mario   : . . . .
The suitable statement to complete the dialogue above is . . .
A.  I could speak Japanese fluently.                 C. I would speak Japanese fluently.
B.    I will speak Japanese fluently.                    D. I can speak Japanese fluently.




  1. Sergio  : Can you drive a car?
Ferdi    : Yes, I took a driving course 3 months ago, it’s quite easy.
Sergio  : Really? Can you drive any car?
Ferdi    : . . . . .
A.      No, I can’t drive.
B.      Yes, I could drive manual cars.
C.      Yes, I will learn to drive when I’m older.
D.     Yes, I’m able to drive manual and automatic cars.

B. ESSAY
Answer the questions below correctly.
a.    Write these sentences in English.
1.    Nicky bisa memasak beberapa makanan tradisional.
2.    Nita dan Yudi bisa berbicara bahasa Inggris dengan lancar.
b.    Change these sentences into marks given.
3.    We are going to Sumbawa city. (?)
4.    Shall we discuss this problem tonight? (+)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Made Sunarta

follower