Soal PTS bahasa Inggris mid semester 1 kelas 9 KURTILAS


A.     MULTIPLE CHOICES
Choose the best option to answer the questions!

The following dialog is for questions 1 to 4.
Mita      : Andi, please read the announcement.
Andi      : sure. What is it about?
Mita      : The school team  members for the debate competition. Look your name first. Congratulations, Andi!
Andi      : Am I? You are right. Thank you, Mita.
Mita      : Your hard work has paid off, but you have to work harder to prepare for the competition.
Andi      : You are right. I’ll do my best. I always try hard to achieve the best result. Anyway, is there anyone else from our class?
Mita      : You are the only one. I am proud of you. As we know the other participant are smart and talented in public speaking. You can prove that you are worthy to be the team members.
Andi      : Thank you. Wish our team luck to win the competition.
Mita      : Sure.
1.  Why does Mita congratulate Andi?
A. He could deliver a speech well.
B. He won the debate competition at school.
C. He received a scholarship as winning a competition.
D. He was selected as a team member for a debate competition.
2.  What is Andi like? He is . .  . .
A.Enthusiastic
B. Peaceful
C. Generous
D .Realistic
3.  What does Mita feel after reading the announcement?
A. Confident
B. Happy
C. Grateful
D. Surprised
4.  You can prove that you are worthy to be the team members.
The underlined word can be replaced by . . . .
A. Priceless
B. Popular
C. Excellent
D. Satisfying
For questions 5 to 7, choose the correct word to complete the following dialog.
Reno        : Sister,  (5) . . . . ! I heard from mom that you passed the scholarship selection test.  (6 ). . . .
Lisa            : Thanks, Ren, and thank you very much for your help so far. I know. You must be annoyed every time I asked you to help me prepare for the documents.
Reno        : Don’t mention that. I helped you sincerely. You know, I feel so happy that finally, your dream comes true. So, when will  you leave for Australia?
Lisa            : it’s still a while. I have to attend a preparation course before studying there for about three months. It will be held next semester.
Reno        : I see. (7) . . . 
Lisa            : I hope so, but I need your support and prayers too.
Reno        : I will always.
5.  A. you  are right
B. you deserve it
C. I wish you luck
D. congratulations on you
6.  A. It’s confirmed
B. You’re the best
C. This is once in a lifetime
D. How could you do that?
7.  A. I wish you won’t forget us.
B. I know what you should do.
C. I think I’ll apply for a scholarship too.
D. I hope you can get through all the process.
8.  Wisnu              : What was the result of the pencak silat competition?
Jenny              : I was only runner up?
Wisnu             : You were runner up, but you have displayed your best. Well done! . . . . . .
Jenny              : Thank you.
A. I hope win the next competition
B. I have no idea what should say to you
C. I wish you would join the competition
D. I expect you ask me to join the competition

The following dialog is for questions 9 to 12.

Mia        : Nice trophy!
Adib       : Thank you.
Mia        : It’s written here “The winner of Students’ Music festival 2019”. Don’t tell me that you won the trophy
Adib       : Yes, I did.
Mia        : That’s cool! Congratulations!
Adib       : Thank you.
Mia        : Why didn’t you tell me that you entered a music festival? If I knew, I would come to see and support you.
Adib       : Sorry, I forgot. Besides, I know that you will always support me even though you’re not around.
Mia        : Yes,  you bet. I hope you become a great musician in the future.

9.   What are the speakers talking about?
A. Mia’s dream of being a musician.
B. Mia’s participation in a festival.
C. Adib’s achievement in music.
D. Adib’s plan for his performance.
10. Mia says,” I hope you become a great musician in the future.”
           What does she mean?
A. She congratulates Adib.
B. She wishes the best foe Adib.
C. She supports Adib to study music.
D. She agrees with Adib to play music.
11. For the dialog we know that . . . .
A. The students’ music festival will be held soon.
B. Mia and Adib use to practice music together.
C. Adib invited Mia to watch his performance in a festival.
D. Mia had no idea that Adib participated in a music festival.
12.  How did Mia know Adib won a competition?
A. From the trophy.
B. From her friend.
C. From Adib himself.
D. From the festival website.
Bayu      : How was your try-out ?
Rika        : I ranked second at my school. And you?
Bayu      : That’s great! Congratulations! I actually ranked first in my class, but only fifth at school.
Rika        : Not bad. You need to study more.
Bayu      : I guess so. I hope I receive the best mark for next try-out and final examination.
Rika       : I hope so. I have to study hard because I intend to achieve the best mark, to enter the best vocational school in our town.
Bayu      : I hope so. I intend to study at the best senior high school.
13. What are they talking about?
A. The best school.
B. The final examination.
C. The result of the try-out.
D. The smartest students at school.
14. What is Bayu’s rank at his school?
A.First
B. Second
C. Third
D. Fourth
15. What the speakers’ hopes?
A. To have more time to study.
B. To receive a scholarship from the best school.
C. To achieve the best mark and study at the best school.
D. To attend a course to prepare for the final examination.
16. From the dialog, we can conclude that Bayu and Rika . . . . .
A. are classmates
B. are nine grade students.
C. intend to study at the same school.
D. achieve the best marks at their school.

The following dialog is for questions 17 to 20.
Ms. Renata         : Congratulations on the opening of your new fharmacy!
Ms. Alya               : Thank you. It is my first business and I hope it runs well.
Ms. Renata         : Wish you luck! Anyway, starting a business is hard work.
Did you quit from the hospital?
Ms. Alya               : No I still work there.
Ms. Renata         : If you are still there you must be very busy. How do you manage your time?
Ms. Alya               : I don’t run the pharmacy by myself. Instead I run it with my cousin.
Ms. Renata         : I see.

17. What is the dialog about?
A. Working in a pharmacy.
B. Time management.
C. Starting a business.
D. The opening of a new pharmacy.
18. who runs the pharmacy?
A. Ms. Alya.
B. Ms. Renata.
C. Ms. Alya and her cousin.
D. Ms. Renata and her cousin.
19. From the dialog, what can be concluded about Ms. Alya?
A. She works for a pharmacy and hospital.
B. She worked for a pharmacy last year.
C. Running a pharmacy is her old business.
D. She has a cousin who work s for a hospital.
20. Ms. Alya says,” . . . I hope it runs well.”
What does the word it refer to?
A. The hospital.
B. The new pharmacy.
C. Ms. Alya’s work place.
D. Ms. Renata’s business.
The following dialog is for questions 21 to 23.
Kinar     : What are you doing?
Arka       : I am editing my sister’s handicraft picture.
KinaR     : Will the handicrafts be sold online?
Arka       : Yes they will. My sister will upload them on her social media to promote them.
Kinar      : Does your sister sell them through her online shop?
Arka       : No, she doesn’t. She doesn’t have accounts.
Kinar      : I think she must have accounts so that she can sell her handicrafts through online shops.
Arka       : You are absolutely right. I will tell her about it.
21.   What does Arka edit picture for?
A. To give the pictures to Kinar.
B. To make online shop accounts.
C. To help his sister  do an assignment.
D. To advertise the pictures on social media.
22.   Arka says,” My sister will upload them on her social media to promote them.
The underlined word refers to . . . . .
A. accounts
B. online shops
C. handicraft
D. social media
23.   What is Arka like?
A. Honest
B. Friendly.
C. Helpful.
D. Humble.
The following dialog is for questions 24 to 27.
Randy                   : Guys, please pay attention.
Cindy                     : O.K.
Randy                   : You know next Wednesday will be Mrs. Nadia’s birthday. Do you agree if we   give her a surprising gift?
Cindy                    : I agree with your idea. What is the surprise? Tell me about your plan.
Randy                   : Well, she likes motivation books. Do you agree if we give her a book?
Cindy                    : I wouldn’t say no to such a brilliant idea, but we must collect money. It shouldn’t add to our burdens since we only have little pocket money.
Randy                   : I know that and I know where to buy an affordable book with excellent quality.
Kinar                     : That’s a good idea. Let’s collect the money now.
Classmates         : O.K.
24. What is the students’ intention?
      A. Collect money to help their teacher.
      B. Hold a birthday party for their teacher
      C. Look for affordable books with excellent quality.
      D. Give their teacher a surprising present for her birthday.
25. From the dialog, we can conclude that . . . .
      A. Mrs. Nadia has a bookstore.
      B. Mrs. Nadia’s students care for and respect her.
      C. Mrs. Nadia invites her students  to attend her birthday party.
      D. Mrs. Nadia and the students attend a meeting in the classroom.
26. What will the students do after the conversation?
     A. Collect money.
     B. Visit a bookstore.
     C. Meet Mrs. Nadia.
     D. Look for an affordable book.
27. Randy asks,” Do you agree if we give her a surprising gift?”
      What is the synonym  of the underlined word?
     A. Prize
     B. Bonus.
     C. Award.
     D. Present.
Read the following dialog to answer questions 28 to 31.
Edo           : Lina, do you have trash bags?
Lina           : Yes, I do.
Edo           : May I have them?
Lina           : Sure. Anyway, what do you need them for?
Edo           : To place trash from the beach near my uncle’s house.
Lina           : Are you going to clean the beach?
Edo           : Yes, I am. It is very dirty. The fisherman and I are going to clean it in order to protect marine life and to make visitors feel comfortable while enjoying the beach.
Lina           : I see.  May I join?
Edo           : Of course. I will invite other friends, too.
Kinar         : Ah, that’s right.

28. What is Edo’s purpose to meet Lina?
      A. To ask for garbage sacks.
     B. To ask her clean the beach.
     C. To invite her to visit the beach.
     D. To inform her about his activities at the beach.
29. What are Edo and his friends going to do?
    A.  Visit the beach.
    B. Clean the beach.
    C. Meet the fisherman.
    D. Look for the trash bags.
30.  Edo says,” The fisherman and I are going to clean it in order to protect marine life and to make visitors feel comfortable while enjoying the beach.”
         The underlined word has similar meaning to . . . .
        A. save
        B. move
       C. change
       D. arrange



B. ESSAY
Read the dialog then answer the questions.
Doni is buying medicine from a drugstore.
Doni                    : Excuse me. I’m looking for cough syrup.
Pharmacist          : Sure. Is it for an adult or a child?
Doni                    : It is for my sister. She is a high school student.
Pharmacist          : Then, you need the one for adult.
Doni                    : Can I see the Medicine?
Pharmacist          : Sure. Here you are.
Doni                    : Is this medicine safe for someone who is allergic to honey?
Pharmacist          : Let me see it. Don’t worry. It is honey free.
Doni                    : Thanks. I’ll take this one.
Pharmacist          : Sure.

1.         Who are talking in the dialog?
2.         Where does the dialog take place?
3.         What is Doni going to buy?
4.         What is wrong with Doni’s sister?
5.         How does the Pharmacist know that the medicine is safe for Doni’s sister?



LIHAT JUGA :
 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Made Sunarta

follower